New Jersey is a special state to live in. It’s a state that’s features great farms, numerous cities, and many world famous beach resorts. Morris County is located in the northern part of the state and is made up of towns such as: Butler, Kinnelon, Lake Haiwatha, Ledgewood, Morris Plains, Parsippany, Pine Brook, and others. There’s always something fun to do in or around these towns. If you’re considering moving into an apartment in Morris County, here are a few additional reasons that may help you with your decision.
- There’s a lively city life nearby. Morris County is located just a short drive from New York City (approx. 45 miles) and Philadelphia (approx. 100 miles). Further south (approx. 135 miles) is Atlantic City. Try your luck on some slot machines or see a live show. During the holidays, visit the popular Christmas Tree in New York City. Public transportation is available, mainly to New York City and Philadelphia via train and/or bus.
- Explore the Jersey Shore, featuring fun for adults and kids of all ages. One of the closest beaches is Atlantic Highlands (approx. 60 miles). The small victorian town offers a wonderful view of New York City from its coastline. Nearby are plenty of bars and restaurants. Not too far south of Atlantic Highlands are Point Pleasant Beach and Seaside Heights — two towns that have boardwalk rides and games (many of which are being rebuilt from Sandy and are expected to make a full recovery soon.)
- Live music galore. There’s always some type of musical event happening in or around Morris County. From an Orchestra performing at The College of St. Elizabeth in Morristown to a Folk Harp Festival in Parsippany. At some point in their life these famous musicians even lived in the county: Angelo Badalamenti, Lincoln Park, Tom Verlaine, Morristown, and Tony Scott, Morristown. (FamousNewJerseyans.com and Wikipedia.com)
- Morris County is filled with great schools. From elementary schools to high schools, and even colleges — the county is a great place for getting educated. NeighborhoodScout.com named Morris County’s Mountain Lakes town as having the #1 top school system in New Jersey. Plus, Morris County is home to two competitive Universities: Drew and Fairleigh Dickinson University, Florham-Madison Campus. If you’re thinking about moving here, we suggest checking out our article on the top schools in Morris County to see what communities attend the best schools.
- There are plenty of jobs to be had in Morris County. As of April 2013, according to The Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the unemployment rate in Morris County was 6.5 percent, which is lower than the national unemployment rate of 7.6 percent as of May 2013, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics. To find jobs in Morris County, try nj.com, co.morris.nj.us, or new-jersey.careers.org.
- Like most counties, Morris County has its own eye-pleasing historic sites. There’s the Historic Speedwell (birthplace of the telegraph), Morristown National Historic Park, and others. Visit MorrisTourism.org for more information.
- Plenty of dining options. Morris County offers a wide range of outdoor and indoor dining options, many of which are absolutely tasty. FunNewJersey.com ranked what they believe are the best restaurants in Morris County — see if you agree. A few types of food on the list include: Thai, Indo-Pakistani, and Asian.
- Plenty of things to do with friends, family, and a special someone. In addition to visiting historic sites, seeing a live show, and dining in Morris County, there are plenty of other things to do:
- Rock Climbing at Randolph Climbing Center
- Golf and mini golf at various locations
- Horseback riding at various locations
- Swimming lessons and boat lessons at various locations
- Camping at various locations
- And so much more!
Ideas taken from 50 Attractions in Morris County, New Jersey.
If you’re looking for apartment rentals in Morris County, here are 14 different communities to choose from. They range from $722 per month to $3,000+ per month. Studios through three bedroom apartments are available.